Curriculum Vitae Emmy Dijkstra (1981 Breda, the Netherlands)
I live and work in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2017-2022: Waldorf University College teachers program
- 2010-2011: Postgraduate education Artist in the classroom at art academy ArteZ, The Netherlands
- 2000-2004: Fine Art at Art Academy St.Joost (the Netherlands)
- Several workshops such as:
- 2013: Workshop collagraphy at KKV in Nacka
- 2012: Workshop paper litho at Manhattan Graphics Center in New York City
- 2009: Course non-toxic etching at the graphic printshop in Leide, The Netherlands
Projects/Exhibitions upcoming 2023/2024
2023 – 2024: organisation committee for the printmaking triennial 2024 at Uppsala konstmuseum, together with artist Nina Kerola and Anne-Lie Larsson Ljung (chair Grafiska Sällskapet)
- 2023: October 13 – 22: Printmaking in life’s light and darkness, solo exhibition at Detroit Stockholm, Stockholm
- 2024: January 13 – January 31: Vi alla möter vårt svarta moln, solo exhibition at Grafiska Sällskapets’ Moriska room, Stockholm
Projects/Exhibitions (a selection)
- 2022: Ontmoetingen in de grafiek, Forma-Aktua gallery in Groningen, the Netherlands
- 2022: Works on paper, Moving Art Gallery, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- 2022: Falling in love outward, group show with artists from different disciplines Interfaceinagh, Ireland
- 2022: RESPECT! Perspectives in contemporary art, Museum de Voorde in Zoetermeer, the Netherlands
- 2021: Group show exploring ideas on home, displacement and place-making at gallery Kaleidoscope in Sevenoaks, England
- 2021: Carrying the songs a project initiated by Interface in Ireland; contribution to an animation (https://interfaceinagh.com/carrying-the-songs/)
- 2021: Solo exhibition En resenärs garderob at Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm, Sweden
- 2021: Group show Contemporary Swedish printmaking at the Highpoint Center for Printmaking in Minneapolis, USA
- 2020: Exchange printmaking project between 130 Dutch printmakers.
- 2020: Group exhibition Now/Now what at Detroit Stockholm as part of the Superlocal event
- 2019: group exhibition ‘Thoughts on migrations’ at Stockholm University together with three other artists from Detroit Stockholm.
- 2019: Commissioned art work ‘The traveller’ (De Reiziger) which consists of four light projections on the outside wall of Museum de Voorde in Zoetermeer. This project was commissioned by both museum de Voorde and the municipality of Zoetermeer, the Netherlands.
- 2019: Solo exhibition ‘Eventually I made it to the jungle’ at Detroit Stockholm.
- 2018: Small solo exhibition ‘My paper dresses’ at Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm
- 2018: ‘Strangers 1’, an art-project on migration at gallery Detroitstockholm in Stockholm
- 2018: Group exhibition members of Grafiska Sällskapet in Lövstabruk, Uppsala.
- 2018: Group exhibition at gallery The Space in Shanghai, a show of selected printmakers from Sweden.
- 2018: Solo exhibition ‘Searching until it al makes sense’, at Litografiska Museet in Sundby Gard, Sweden
- 2017: Solo exhibition ‘No longer a hidden tribe’, at Litografiska Museet in Sundby Gård, Sweden.
- 2017: Guest lecturer in printmaking at art academy Konstfack in Stockholm, Sweden
- 2017: Group exhibition together with Dutch and Brasilian printmakers at the university of Belem, Brazil
- 2016: Group exhibition Dutch printmakers association VOG at the art fair in The Hague, Holland
- 2016: Group exhibition Fotografiek in Enschede, Holland
- 2016: Group exhibition and the realization of a graphic portfolio with different Dutch printmakers at museum Het Markiezenhof in Bergen op Zoom, Holland.
- 2016: Group exhibition with different Dutch printmakers at Het van Abbehuis in Eindhoven, Holland
- 2016: Hem-likt exhibition at Skarpnäcks Kulturhus in Stockholm, together with Charlotta Hayes and Emma Stålber
- 2015: Group exhibition ‘Vrijheid van Geest’ a tribute to the Dutch printmaker H.N. Werkman at Galerie Werfkade in the province of Groningen, the Netherlands
- 2015: Group exhibition ‘Shifting the focus’ tryckt från kopparplåt’ at Galleri se Konst in Falun
- 2014: Group exhibition Grafiktriennalen XV at Uppsala Konstmuseum
- 2014: Performance with paper dresses at Uppsala Konstmuseum
- 2014: Edition of 300 paper litho’s distributed for a Dutch printmaking magazine.
- 2013: Group exhibition ‘Grafiek+’ at the University of Twenthe
- 2013: Community art project commissioned by the municipality of Enschede
- 2013: Group exhibition ‘artist books’ at GA in Den Bosch
- 2013: Solo exhibition ‘How far we will get I don’t know’ at Dynamo Expo in Enschede
- 2012: Exhibition with paper installations in the private forest ‘the Koekoek’ in Etten-Leur. A collaboration with the Dutch artist Sabine Bolk
- 2010: An edition of 80 polymer etchings for a calendar commissioned by Atelier Print Art in Enschede.
- 2010: Performance with paper dresses throughout the city of Tilburg during a textile event
- 2009: Artist in Residence at the Virginie Janssens Foundation in Mas de Charrou, France. Together with artist Liesbeth Verhoeven
Artist talks; how living and working at different places influenced my work.
- 2021: Artist talk On Swedish printmaking initiated by Highpoint Center for Printmaking in Minneapolis, USA
- 2014: New York: Jag åker hem, at the Manhattan Graphics Center
- 2014: Uppsala: Passage at Uppsala Konstmuseum together with Tomas Colbengtson and John Rasimus
- 2019: Skapande Skola at Litografiska Museet in Huddinge
- 2019: Paper lithography workshop at ÖKKV in Örnsköldsvik
- 2018: Paper lithography workshop at KKV in Härnösand as part of an international printmaking project
- 2018: Presentation about my work and teaching paper lithography at Grafikskolan in Stockholm
- 2015 – current: Teacher assistant at a Waldorf school in Stockholm
- 2017: Guest lecturer in printmaking at art academy Konstfack in Stockholm
- 2017 – 2018: Art teacher at Medborgarskolan in Stockholm, Sweden
- 2012 – 2013: Art educator at Rijksmuseum Twenthe in Enschede.
- 2013: 22 workshops making paper clothes at several schools in the municipality of Losser.
- 2012: An educational project about Street Art in Heino, together with art historian Eva Kramer
- 2012: ‘Transferable Impressions’ an art project with exchange students in Nijverdal together with graphic designer Ingrid Wielema.
- 2011: ‘Sometimes making something leads to nothing’, a workshop about street art with college student from a teacher training program in Zwolle, Holland
- 2020: Catalog on the exhibition RESPECT, published by Museum de Voorde in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
- 2022: Catalog Contact in Coronatijden, publication of the exchange between 130 Dutch printmakers
- 2020: Contribution to the Dutch printmaking magazine RAAM on how my printmaking was influenced by the corona virus
- 2018: Catalog Galleri se Konst from all the artists who exhibited their work in the gallery over the last 10 years.
- 2015: Uppercase magazine; printmaking edition
- 2014: Several reviews on the Grafiktriennalen and my paper dresses in Konsten.net and www.unt.se
- 2014: Catalog Grafiktriennalen XV in Uppsala Konstmuseum.
- 2013: Review on the exhibition ‘Grafiek+’ and my paper dresses in local newspaper De Roskam.
- 2010: Catalog about artists who received a stipend during 2006-2008.
- 2009: An interview by radio program GrensGeluiden together with artist Liesbeth Verhoeven about our artist in residence in France
- 2023: Sveriges konstföreningar exhibition grant
- 2016 – 2017: Cecilia Frisendahls Stipend
- 2008-2009: Stipend by FoundationBKVB.
- 2007: First Prize Frisian mini-print Biennal in Drachten.
- 2022: supportive board member at the Waldorf preschool Solgården in Bromma, Stockholm
- 2019 – 2022: supporting board member at Grafiska Sällskapet
- 2016 – 2017: valberedning KKV
- 2015-2016: board member at KKV Nacka in Stockholm
- 2015: substitute English teacher at Birkagårdens Folkhögskola
- 2014-2015: Monitor at KKV Nacka in Stockholm.
- 2010-2013: Curator at art initiative eerst! and Filter. eerst! and Filter were an exhibitionroom and artist shop in Enschede. We offered young artists and designers a place where they could show an sell their work
My work is represented by Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm and I am a member SKF Konstnärshuset in Stockholm