Curriculum Vitae Emmy Dijkstra (1981 Breda, the Netherlands)
I live and work in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2010-2011: Postgraduate education Artist in the classroom’ at art academy ArteZ, Holland
- 2000-2004: BA Fine Art at Art Academy St. Joost (the Netherlands).
- Several workshops such as:
- 2013: workshop collagraphy at KKV in Nacka
- 2012: workshop paper litho at Manhattan Graphics Center in New York.
- 2009: Course non-toxic etching at the graphic printshop in Leiden.
- 2007: Masterclass solar plate etching at GAU in Utrecht.
- 2017: Solo exhibition No longer a hidden tribe, at Litografiska Museet in Sundby Gård, Sweden.
- 2017: Guest lecturer at art academy Konstfack in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2017: Membershow at Grafik I Väst, Gothenburg
- 2017: Membershow Vatten at Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm, Sweden
- 2017: Group exhibition at the university of Belem, Brazil.
- 2016: Membershow at Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2016: Group exhibition Dutch printmakers association VOG at the art fair in The Hague, Holland.
- 2016: Group exhibition Fotografiek in Enschede, Holland.
- 2016: Group exhibition and the realization of a graphic portfolio with different Dutch printmakers at museum Het Markiezenhof in Bergen op Zoom, Holland.
- 2016: Group exhibition with different Dutch printmakers at Het van Abbehuis in Eindhoven, Holland.
- 2016: Group exhibition ‘new members’ at Grafik i Väst, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 2016: Guest lecturer in printmaking at the Nyckelviksskolan in Stockholm.
- 2016: Hem-likt exhibition at Skarpnäcks Kulturhus in Stockholm, together with Charlotta Hayes and Emma Stålberg.
- 2015: December 4-6 etching bootcamp at the graphic workshop in Falun.
- 2015: Group exhibition ;Vrijheid van Geest’ a tribute to the Dutch printmaker H.N. Werkman at Galerie Werfkade in the provence of Groningen, the Netherlands.
- 2015: Group exhibition as part of the 7th lithographic symposium in Tidaholm.
- 2015: Group exhibition ‘Shifting the focus’ tryckt från kopparplåt at Galleri se Konst in Falun.
- 2014: Group exhibition Grafiktriennalen XV at Uppsala Konstmuseum
- 2014: Performance with paper dresses at Uppsala Konstmuseum.
- 2014: Edition of 300 paper litho’s distributed for a Dutch printmaking magazine.
- 2013: Group exhibition ‘Grafiek+’ at the University of Twenthe.
- 2013: Community art project commissioned by the municipality of Enschede.
- 2013: Group exhibition ‘artist books’ at GA in Den Bosch.
- 2013: Solo exhibition ‘How far we will get I don’t know’ at Dynamo Expo in Enschede.
- 2012: Membershow at the Manhattan Graphics Center in New York.
- 2012: Exhibition with paper installations in the private forest ‘the Koekoek’ in Etten-Leur. A collaboration with the Dutch artist Sabine Bolk.
- 2012: A two months working period at the Manhattan Graphics Center in New York City.
- 2011: Group exhibition mini-prints at GA in Den Bosch.
- 2011: Group exhibition ‘No common practice’ at gallery Broekhuis in Enschede.
- 2010: An edition of 80 polymer etchings for a calendar commissioned by Atelier Print Art in Enschede.
- 2010: Performance with paper dresses throughout the city of Tilburg during a textile event.
- 2010: Duo exhibition with artist Liesbeth Verhoeven at gallery Kap-Pur in Tilburg.
- 2010: Group ‘Paper in progress’ at Electron in Breda.
- 2009: Group exhibition at gallery Art Trading Holland in Ulvenhout.
- 2009: Artist in Residence at the Virginie Janssens Foundation in Mas de Charrou, France. Together with artist Liesbeth Verhoeven.
- 2009: Solo exhibition ‘wat brengt de dag’ at gallery Els de Boer in Breda
- 2008: Solo exhibition ‘In the middle of nowhere’ at S.P.E.K. in Woudrichem.
- 2007: Group exhibition Mini Print Biennal in Drachten.
- 2007: Group exhibition mini prints TEM gallery in Leeuwarden.
- 2006: Group exhibition nominees of the MSresearch prize in the town hall of The Hague.
- 2006: Group exhibition artist books at GAU in Utrecht.
- 2006: Solo exhibition ‘Tropical Desires’ at the International Language Center in Waalwijk.
Artist talks; how living and working at different places influenced my work.
- 2014: New York: Jag åker hem, at the Manhattan Graphics Center.
- 2014: Uppsala: Passage at Uppsala Konstmuseum together with Tomas Colbengtson and John Rasimus.
- Currently: Art teacher at Medborgarskolan in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2014-currently: Workshop paper lithography at different workshops in Sweden.
- 2012-2013: Art educator at Rijksmuseum Twenthe in Enschede.
- 2013: 22 workshops making paper clothes at several schools in the municipality of Losser.
- 2012: An educational project about Street Art in Heino, together with art historian Eva Kramer.
- 2012: ‘Transferable Impressions’ an art project with exchange students in Nijverdal together with graphic designer Ingrid Wielema.
- 2011: ‘Sometimes making something leads to nothing’, a workshop about street art with students from a teacher training program in Zwolle.
- 2010: Guest lecturer at art academy ArteZ in Zwolle.
- 2015: Uppercase magazine; printmaking edition
- 2014: Several reviews on the Grafiktriennalen and my paper dresses in Konsten.net and www.unt.se
- 2014: Catalog Grafiktriennalen XV in Uppsala Konstmuseum.
- 2013: Review on the exhibition ‘Grafiek+’ and my paper dresses in local newspaper De Roskam.
- 2010: Catalog about artists who received a stipend during 2006-2008.
- 2009: An interview by radio programm GrensGeluiden toegether with artist Liesbeth Verhoeven about our artist in residence in France.
- 2009: An interview by the radio programm GrensGeluiden about my exhibition at gallery Els de Boer in Breda.
- 2008: An article in the local newspaper ‘Altena Nieuws’ about my exhibition at the Foundation of Experimental Art in Woudrichem.
- 2007: An article in the local newspaper ‘BN de Stem’ about my etching workshops to people with disabilities.
- 2006: Catalog MSresearch art prize.
- 2016 – 2017: Cecilia Frisendahls Stipend
- 2008-2009: Stipend by FoundationBKVB.
- 2007: First Prize Frisian miniprint Biennal in Drachten.
- 2006: Nomination MSReserearch Art Prize.
- 2015 – currently: special assistant at a Waldorf school in Stockholm.
- 2016 – 2017: valberedning KKV
- 2015-2016: board member at KKV Nacka in Stockholm
- 2015: substitute English teacher at Birkagårdens Folkhögskola
- 2014-2015: Monitor at KKV Nacka in Stockholm.
- 2010-2013: Curator at art initiative eerst! and Filter. eerst! and Filter were an exhibitionroom and artist shop in Enschede. We offered young artists and designers a place where they could show an sell their work.
- 2009-2010: Chairman at graphic workshop Raaf in Breda.
- 2006 – 2010: Monitor at graphic worskhop Raaf in Breda.
My work is represented by Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm and Grafik i Väst in Gothenburg.