Curriculum Vitae Emmy Dijkstra (1981 Breda, the Netherlands)
I live and work in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2017-currently: Waldorf university college teachers program at Waldorflärarhögskolan in Stockholm
- 2010-2011: Postgraduate education Artist in the classroom’ at art academy ArteZ, Holland
- 2000-2004: Fine art at Art Academy St. Joost (the Netherlands).
- Several workshops such as:
- 2013: Workshop collagraphy at KKV in Nacka
- 2012: Workshop paper litho at Manhattan Graphics Center in New York.
- 2009: Course non-toxic etching at the graphic printshop in Leiden.
- 2007: Masterclass solar plate etching at GAU in Utrecht
- 2019: Commissioned art work ‘The traveller’ (De Reiziger) which consists of four light projections on the outside wall of Museum de Voorde in Zoetermeer. This project was commissioned by both museum de Voorde and the municipality of Zoetermeer, the Netherlands.
- 2019: Solo exhibition ‘Eventually I made it to the jungle’ at Detroit Stockholm.
- 2019: Teaching paper lithography technique at the printshop in örnsköldsvik.
- 2018: Small solo exhibition ‘My paper dresses’ at Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm.
- 2018: Paper lithography workshop at KKV in Härnösand as part of an international printmaking project.
- 2018: Presentation about my work and teaching paper lithography at the Grafikskolan in Stockholm.
- 2018: ‘Strangers 1’, an art-project on migration at gallery Detroitstockholm in Stockholm.
- 2018: Group exhibition members of Grafiska Sällskapet in Lövstabruk, Uppsala.
- 2018: Group exhibition 10 years Detroit at gallery Detroitstockholm in Stockholm, a studio collective with 24 artists working there.
- 2018: Group exhibition at gallery The Space in Shanghai, a show of selected printmakers from Sweden.
- 2018: Solo exhibition ‘Searching until it al makes sense’, at Litografiska Museet in Sundby Gard, Sweden.
- 2018: Här och Där, membershow Grafiska Sällskapet at Husby Konsthall, Sweden.
- 2017: Solo exhibition ‘No longer a hidden tribe’, at Litografiska Museet in Sundby Gård, Sweden.
- 2017: Guest lecturer in printmaking at art academy Konstfack in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2017: Membershow at Grafik i Väst, Gothenburg
- 2017: Membershow Vatten at Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm, Sweden
- 2017: Group exhibition together with Dutch and Brasilian printmakers at the university of Belem, Brazil.
- 2016: Membershow at Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2016: Group exhibition Dutch printmakers association VOG at the art fair in The Hague, Holland.
- 2016: Group exhibition Fotografiek in Enschede, Holland.
- 2016: Group exhibition and the realization of a graphic portfolio with different Dutch printmakers at museum Het Markiezenhof in Bergen op Zoom, Holland.
- 2016: Group exhibition with different Dutch printmakers at Het van Abbehuis in Eindhoven, Holland.
- 2016: Group exhibition ‘new members’ at Grafik i Väst, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 2016: Guest lecturer in printmaking at the Nyckelviksskolan in Stockholm.
- 2016: Hem-likt exhibition at Skarpnäcks Kulturhus in Stockholm, together with Charlotta Hayes and Emma Stålberg.
- 2015: December 4-6 etching bootcamp at the graphic workshop in Falun.
- 2015: Group exhibition ‘Vrijheid van Geest’ a tribute to the Dutch printmaker H.N. Werkman at Galerie Werfkade in the provence of Groningen, the Netherlands.
- 2015: Group exhibition as part of the 7th lithographic symposium in Tidaholm.
- 2015: Group exhibition ‘Shifting the focus’ tryckt från kopparplåt’ at Galleri se Konst in Falun.
- 2014: Group exhibition Grafiktriennalen XV at Uppsala Konstmuseum
- 2014: Performance with paper dresses at Uppsala Konstmuseum.
- 2014: Edition of 300 paper litho’s distributed for a Dutch printmaking magazine.
- 2013: Group exhibition ‘Grafiek+’ at the University of Twenthe.
- 2013: Community art project commissioned by the municipality of Enschede.
- 2013: Group exhibition ‘artist books’ at GA in Den Bosch.
- 2013: Solo exhibition ‘How far we will get I don’t know’ at Dynamo Expo in Enschede.
- 2012: Membershow at the Manhattan Graphics Center in New York.
- 2012: Exhibition with paper installations in the private forest ‘the Koekoek’ in Etten-Leur. A collaboration with the Dutch artist Sabine Bolk.
- 2012: A two months working period at the Manhattan Graphics Center in New York City.
- 2011: Group exhibition mini-prints at GA in Den Bosch.
- 2011: Group exhibition ‘No common practice’ at gallery Broekhuis in Enschede.
- 2010: An edition of 80 polymer etchings for a calendar commissioned by Atelier Print Art in Enschede.
- 2010: Performance with paper dresses throughout the city of Tilburg during a textile event.
- 2010: Duo exhibition with artist Liesbeth Verhoeven at gallery Kap-Pur in Tilburg.
- 2010: Group ‘Paper in progress’ at Electron in Breda.
- 2009: Artist in Residence at the Virginie Janssens Foundation in Mas de Charrou, France. Together with artist Liesbeth Verhoeven.
- 2009: Solo exhibition ‘wat brengt de dag’ at gallery Els de Boer in Breda
- 2008: Solo exhibition ‘In the middle of nowhere’ at S.P.E.K. in Woudrichem.
Artist talks; how living and working at different places influenced my work.
- 2014: New York: Jag åker hem, at the Manhattan Graphics Center.
- 2014: Uppsala: Passage at Uppsala Konstmuseum together with Tomas Colbengtson and John Rasimus.
- 2017 – 2018: Art teacher at Medborgarskolan in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2014-currently: Workshop paper lithography at different workshops in Sweden.
- 2012 – 2013: Art educator at Rijksmuseum Twenthe in Enschede.
- 2013: 22 workshops making paper clothes at several schools in the municipality of Losser.
- 2012: An educational project about Street Art in Heino, together with art historian Eva Kramer.
- 2012: ‘Transferable Impressions’ an art project with exchange students in Nijverdal together with graphic designer Ingrid Wielema.
- 2011: ‘Sometimes making something leads to nothing’, a workshop about street art with students from a teacher training program in Zwolle.
- 2010: Guest lecturer at art academy ArteZ in Zwolle.
- 2018: Catalog Galleri se Konst from all the artists who exhibited their work in the gallery over the last 10 years.
- 2015: Uppercase magazine; printmaking edition
- 2014: Several reviews on the Grafiktriennalen and my paper dresses in Konsten.net and www.unt.se
- 2014: Catalog Grafiktriennalen XV in Uppsala Konstmuseum.
- 2013: Review on the exhibition ‘Grafiek+’ and my paper dresses in local newspaper De Roskam.
- 2010: Catalog about artists who received a stipend during 2006-2008.
- 2009: An interview by radio programm GrensGeluiden toegether with artist Liesbeth Verhoeven about our artist in residence in France.
- 2009: An interview by the radio program GrensGeluiden about my exhibition at gallery Els de Boer in Breda.
- 2016 – 2017: Cecilia Frisendahls Stipend
- 2008-2009: Stipend by FoundationBKVB.
- 2007: First Prize Frisian miniprint Biennal in Drachten.
- 2006: Nomination MSReserearch Art Prize.
- 2019: board member at Grafiska Sällskapet
- 2015 – currently: teacher assistent at a Waldorf school in Stockholm.
- 2016 – 2017: valberedning KKV
- 2015-2016: board member at KKV Nacka in Stockholm
- 2015: substitute English teacher at Birkagårdens Folkhögskola
- 2014-2015: Monitor at KKV Nacka in Stockholm.
- 2010-2013: Curator at art initiative eerst! and Filter. eerst! and Filter were an exhibitionroom and artist shop in Enschede. We offered young artists and designers a place where they could show an sell their work.
- 2009-2010: Chairman at graphic workshop Raaf in Breda.
- 2006 – 2010: Monitor at graphic worskhop Raaf in Breda.
My work is represented by Grafiska Sällskapet in Stockholm and Grafik i Väst in Gothenburg.